Home / Parks / Bob Long Memorial Park

Bob Long Memorial Park

Perris, CA

Gallery image

The park was built by the Perris Little League organizations coaches, families, and team members in 1956 to serve the needs of the areas four youth sports leagues. The park was dedicated by the City Council as Bob Long Memorial Park in memory of Mr. Bob Long who died in 1968. Mr. Bob Long was born in Ohio and served in the Army during World War II. After the war he and his wife moved to Perris, California and Bob became the play-by-play announcer for the high school football game, was active in the Perris Little League, 4-H Club, Perris Rotary Club, Perris Lions Club, Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American League Post. By 2007 the park was in need of renovation and the park planning process was authorized by City Council. Through the planning process City Staff and HAI met with the little league organizations to determine their current and future needs. This process resulted in several design concepts being prepared and presented to the Leagues, Parks and Recreation Commission, and City Council ultimately leading to the final approval of the Park Master Plan in 2008. Funding for the park became available in 2009 and the plan preparation and park construction began shortly there after. The park was completed and re-dedicated as Bob Long Memorial Park on November 16, 2011. Park Amenities include one 60 foot base path Little League baseball field with sports lighting and bullpens, one 70 and 80 foot base path Little League baseball field with sports lighting and bullpens, restroom/concession building, 45 car parking lot with lighting, covered spectator seating, shaded picnic area behind the backstops and along the outfield fencing, covered trash enclosure, and storm water retention/percolation basin at the corner of Wilson Street and East San Jacinto Avenue.


site by iogami and JLOOP